Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back on track


After a couple weeks off the bike and I feel good about riding again. I sold my PowerTap and am going to avoid making any strict training plans. I love the analytical side of cycling, but I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive and it eats me up mentally. I can't afford a coach and think this is best. To be honest, the last time I trained with power was in 2006 and I suffered some serious burn out. This year was a little different, but I was still feeling pretty down and found myself getting too heady with the numbers so screw it.

I spent the last three days on the mountain bike doing epic rides out in St Charles and enjoying the shit out of it even though I could feel my brain melting and my fitness could only get me through 2 hours before the pain curtain dropped. The music was loud.

Loosely, I'm going to ride lots up until September, maybe throw in a race or two for kicks and then see what the mountain bike calender looks like. After that I will probably start riding a little less but much harder to get ready for CX and hope that Shottler flats a lot, because that MO FO is going to be unstoppable. Congrats to him for claiming a step on the podium at Nationals!

Peace!

20 comments:

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

A good medicine tastes bitter. ..................................................................

Dan said...

Now that sounds like an awesome plan!

志張sf夏康如皓志gfg志 said...

馬丁路德:「即使知道明天世界即將毀滅,我仍願在今天種下一棵小樹。」............................................................

Chris said...

Man with itchy butt have stinky finger.

吳婷婷 said...

Make yourself necessary to someone.......................................................................

KyungBivo中如 said...

人自幼就應該通過完美的教育,去建立一種好的習慣。......................................................

吳婷婷 said...

我愛那些使自己的德行成為自己的目標或命定的人................................................

Chris said...

Eepkay eachingray orfay ethay arsstay.

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

人應該做自己認為對的事,而不是一味跟著群眾的建議走。..................................................

賴珈慧賴珈慧 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

Chris said...

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

鄭雅雯 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。............................................................

駱李淑華明欣 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份............................................................

文王廷 said...

It is never too late to learn.......................................................................

劉王育正劉王育正 said...

我愛那些使自己的德行成為自己的目標或命定的人................................................

信陳定 said...

你的分享很不錯.. 謝謝 ..................................................

岳萱祥萱祥萱祥仲 said...

人生匆匆-把握當下,支持鼓勵~事事如意~..................................................

怡禹玄禹玄君 said...

Quality is better than quantity...................................................................

守何何何韋 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention..................................................................