Wednesday, October 18, 2023

10/15 Bubba 2 @ Creve Couer, Masters, 2cd.

 


What a difference a race in the legs makes. 

Course was still super challenging but far more interesting than Queeny with some single-track and slightly more technical, less pure power oriented track. 

I marked Vince right off the start and sat on his wheel getting for the first half of the lap. I figured we'd have a fast first lap and knew that Devin would definitely attack on the paved hill, I just expected it after the first lap and was caught on Vince's wheel when he bogged down on the climb a tad and heard Devin coming in hot. I was able to respond and off we went. Kukla had slowed up so he could link up with Devin and I think we grouped up sometime before the end of the first lap. The three of us had an almost immediate gap.

I hung on close to the end of the second lap and then little gaps began to grow and close until I cracked a bit. I knew we were going strong as the splits behind us were growing every lap. Unlike the week before the laps were ticking down and I was feeling like I could push more and had a little more explosiveness in my legs, which I was surprised by after the rest week. My lap times were super consistent and I was able to put in a few good laps and close slightly on Devin with 3 to go. He noticed it as well and opened it back up. I think I finished about 45 seconds back from him and  a good distance in front of 3rd. Good race.

No comments: