Friday, October 28, 2022

10/23 #3 @St. Vincent, Masters, 2cd.


 Can't believe I was able to find this video from 2009. I led the charge fueled by the Team Segal mayhem at the top only to tear a hole in a brand new pink silk Dugast tubie about half way through which sent me from the front to the back. There were some heavy hitters there that day. 



Apparently the years haven't been kind to the trail section and St Vincent and it's overgrown, which is unfortunate becuase that was a sick course. The course this year was bumpy, the surface was rock hard and there were only two brief sections for any kind of recovery. I definitely trained right thorugh for 3 weeks and everything felt hard but that's surely because Anthony and Harre were leading the charge and Jon Bell was pressuring me for most of the race.

I rode pretty well and had one wash out on lap one but nothing else really to speak of. Jon was pretty close up until the last few laps and I was keeping the same distance from Anthony for most of the race. At one point I gained on him a bit but it was short lived. Harre came though us a lap or two in and rolled though to win overall. 

Thanks to the help from the Hub I've got my new rig built up and it feels like I've got it close to dialed in fit wise. Amazing to me that the Fuji has significantly more aggressive geo than the Ridley. A slightly lower BB on the Ridley, different ST HT angles and I'm assuming a different rake make it more stable and predictable. Looking forward to getting more time on it in the woods tomorrow. Might be a wet one on Sun!!!


No comments: