Friday, November 11, 2022

11/6 Bubba #5 @ Sylvan Springs No. 2, Masters, 2cd

 Another great course at Sylvan but this time with far less spots to catch your breath. Very demanding course with a lot of climbing, pure power and less floss than the first round there. Another week with a smaller goup of us which is fairly irrelevant other than the lack of tactics and races within the race to keep things interesting. We started with the lone single speeder, Brian Kukla, which changed the dynamic a bit because Anthony had a train to catch early, which he did. I stayed in contact through through most of lap two and then couldn't make the pace which led to a fairly lonely hurt locker for the remainder. 

After a little tire rubbing being overly anxious on the first lap I rode a clean race and found some power on the punching climbs, definitely related to the workouts I've been doing, which is good. I lost contact on lap two or so and after a short bit found myself in no mans land with what I would guess to be 30 seconds on both the lead and chase. This pretty much stayed the same the whole race but I was using less power as the race went on and I gained some efficiency with the lines. 

The training week before the cancelled race at Fort B, the supplemental workout for the race and the load the week leading up to Sylvan was pretty heavy and I think it probably left me a little flat so I was happy with how I did. New bike was great and I think the gain in bar height helps a lot. Going to be cold at Faust, time to bust out the BKW.

No comments: