Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What's going on?

Training has been at a little bit of a standstill a little more than usual. Seems like the rain and tired legs have been making it easy to get a good rest in before I start doing some serious training. I managed to squeeze in a really good ride in Jeff Co last week that reminded be of the old days of 12 hour training. It was nice to ride a few hills too. Other then that I've been getting a hour in the park here or there and doing lots of walking with the Maybel dog.

Casey and I booked our vacation in the end of August in Crested Butte. I found these cabins up on a secluded creek outside of town and we both are really stoked. We booked it for 7 nights and are pretty stoked to do some riding, fly fishing, quite a bit of day drinking and kickin' it in the woods. We're going over my birthday and hopefully my boys Eddie and Nick come down from Breckenridge and Boulder to party it up.

My buddy and teammate, Jerry Fondren, yanked two of my wisdom teeth out of my face yesterday. I have severe anxiety related to any type of medical procedures and I was freaking out. He is a master though and today I'm feeling less pain than before he took them out... of course, the Vicodin might be helping. Having an excuse to eat chocolate milkshakes all day is pretty nice too. I tried the reduced fat/ soy milk ones last night but think I'm going to head back for the real McCoy for tonight.

That's pretty much it. If I had the sweet photos of us washing the dog in the tub or dressing her in my PBR hoodie I'd post them to spice things up a little, but I don't so deal with the boredom.

2 comments:

Nico Toscani said...

WORD. Come on our Middlefork adventure next friday 4/24 to relive some more of those 12-hour memories.

ScottyD said...

The Butte, that's my old stomping grounds. If you take your MTB be sure to go to Hartmans down in Gunni. Great riding(better than CB IMO, less epic more xc)